Quick-Pickled Cucumbers & Carrots
Quick-Picked Cucumbers & Carrots
Makes 4 servings
These quick-picked vegetables take no time at all. We used cucumbers and carrots, but there are endless vegetable + spice + herb combinations to try out! You can use squash, onions, lemons, and more -- don't stop here! These picked vegetables are the perfect addition to a summer picnic. Make them in the morning, and they'll be ready for lunch time!
3 medium carrots*
1 clove garlic, smashed*
1/3 C rice vinegar
3/4 t kosher salt
2 T cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 t sesame oil
1 t sugar
1. Wash cucumbers and carrots, then cut them lengthwise into spears**
2. Add vegetables to a bowl along with smashed garlic
3. Add rice vinegar and salt, stirring until vegetables are evenly coated
4. Add chopped cilantro, sugar, and sesame oil, mixing again
5. Let vegetables marinate for 1-2 hours, then drain 2/3 excess liquid. Store vegetables in mason jar or glass container in the refrigerator.
*These quick-picked vegetables are best eaten within two days, but if you're interested in pickling your vegetables for the year, check out this link!