Corn Discs with Scallion Butter
Makes 4 servings
Summer corn has arrived! There are so many possibilities -- cornbread, corn salsa, corn cakes -- the list is endless. We were so excited to eat ours that we decided to make a quick scallion butter, cook corn over our stovetop, and leave it at that. If you do have time to grill, trying adding the scallion butter after to enhance the flavor of your smokey corn.
3 ears of corn*
3/4 T kosher salt
2 T unsalted butter, melted
2 T scallion, sliced
*From this week's share
1. Heat large pot of water over high heat
2. Shuck corn, then cut into 2-3 in. discs (approx. 4 discs per ear)
3. When water is boiling add in corn. Cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes
4. Using tongs, place corn discs in a bowl
5. Add melted butter and sliced scallion, tossing until corn is evenly coated*
6. Add salt to taste, and enjoy!
*Try substituting thyme, rosemary, or basil in place of scallions!