How to Use Leftovers: Garlic
A little garlic goes a long way in recipes, and it is sometimes difficult to all of it. Soon, you may find that you have entire bulbs of garlic sitting around! Here are some recipe suggestions that can take care of that without a problem. Start off by trying our own recipe for Roasted Garlic Spread! Roasting a whole bulb of garlic deepens its flavor and adds a sweet caramelization to its cloves. This garlic spread is perfect for not only using up extra garlic, but also to share with your friends.
Roasted Garlic Spread
2 bulbs of garlic, unpeeled with tops cut off*
1 t olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oz Narragansett Creamery Angelito Spread*
1 t Sriracha
1 t salt
1 t pepper
*From this week's share
1) Preheat oven to 400°F
2) Cut tops off garlic bulbs. Coat garlic bulbs with olive oil, salt, and pepper
3) Bake for 30 minutes or until tops of garlic are golden brown
4) Cool and remove cloves from bulbs
5) Roughly chop garlic
6) Mix with Angelito spread, Sriracha, salt and pepper
7) Serve with favorite cracker or toasted Seven Stars baguette
Here are some other recipes that really highlight garlic!
1) Garlic Butter: delicious on toast!
2) Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks: the perfect addition to your
3) Roasted Garlic and Beets: for a healthy, garlicky side dish
*Banner photoL Food 52