Have an onion or two left over after cooking? There's no reason to let this versatile share item go to waste! Here are a few of our favorite uses for onions. Trust us, these recipes are worth the tears.
1) Baked Stuffed Onions - Everything you could want bubbling away in one of our favorite vegetables.
2) Sliced Onion Casserole - More cheese please?
3) Caramelized Onions- The perfect addition to any dish: flatbreads, quesadillas, omelettes, and more! The best part? You can freeze them in batches, allowing you to easily add flavor to future meals in just seconds.
4) Baked Onion Rings
2 Yellow Onions
2 C flour
2 Pat's Pastured eggs
1/2 C buttermilk
2 C breadcrumbs
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t paprika
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Cut ends off of onions and peel. Slice into 3/4 in. slices, then separate into individual rings
3. Soak rings in bowl of cold water for 10 minutes
4. Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl
5. In another bowl, mix together buttermilk and eggs
6. Add the panko to a fourth bowl, then you are ready for dipping!
7. One at a time, coat the rings in the flour mixture, egg mixture, and panko
8. Place the rings on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes on each side, or until rings are golden brown.
*Banner photo obtained from Food52