When most people think of peas, they think of a small circular vegetable, not leafy refreshing pea greens (or pea shoots, as they're commonly known) from our share. These crisp and clean greens will change the way you view peas forever! Very similar to spinach, pea greens are the perfect side dish. You can simply sautée them in garlic and oil, or tossed into your favorite pasta or salad. Here are creative some ways to use your leftover pea greens from last week!
1) Vegetable Hummus Wrap
1 wheat tortilla
1/4 C hummus (any flavor)
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped (from Pat's Pastured, of course!)
1/2 C pea greens
1/4 C red onions, diced
1. Spread hummus over half the tortilla.
2. Sprinkle egg and red onion onto tortilla, then top with pea greens.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Fold in the bottom of the tortilla 1/3 of the way.
5. Fold in the sides of the tortilla, then tuck the rest in and enjoy!
2) Pea Greens Scramble
3 Pat's Pastured eggs
1 C pea greens
1/2 C shredded Swiss cheese (or any of your Narragansett Creamery favorites!)
1. Whisk eggs in bowl.
2. Beging to scramble eggs on medium-low heat.
3. Add cheese when eggs start to come together.
4. Remove from heat and add pea greens, salt, and pepper.
5. Transfer to plate and top with hot sauce of your choice!
3) Citrus Salad
3 C arugula
1 1/2 C pea greens
1 orange, peeled and separated
1/2 C sun dried tomatoes
1/4 C balsamic vinaigrette
1. Toss arugula, pea greens, orange slices, and tomatoes in bowl.
2. Drizzle desired amount of dressing and toss.