If cauliflower is not a staple in your diet, it should be. Not only can you make delicious, hearty meals with it, but it also has crucial health benefits. Its fiber content is at over 9 grams for every 100 calories, making it the perfect food for digestive support. Additionally, it’s high antioxidant levels of manganese and Vitamin C will help rejuvenate your skin! Here are some of our favorite ways to prepare cauliflower.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine
The quantities in this recipe are up to you! Use as much or as little cauliflower as you’d like — the method will stay the same!
1)Preset the oven to 400°F
2)While the oven is warming, prepare cauliflower florets by tossing them lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out onto a baking sheet, and roast the florets until crisp and golden.
3) While the cauliflower is cooking, lay out a bed of your favorite greens. I prefer mesclun mix.
4) Dress the salad with an assortment of chopped almonds, thinly sliced red onions, crumbled feta, and any type of vinaigrette
5) As an addition: a garnish of roasted butternut squash and quinoa adds beautiful color, flavor and texture.
6) Top the salad with the roasted cauliflower and serve!
Roasted Cauliflower and Parsnip Soup
Makes 4 servings
This quick soul soothing soup is perfect for the cold fall season. The vegetables only require about 30-40 minutes of time in the oven followed by a quick blend in the food processor.
1 medium cauliflower head
4 large chopped parsnips, peeled and chopped
1-2 T olive oil
4 shallots, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t thyme
1/2 t sage
4 C vegetable broth
1/2 C almond or coconut milk
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with tin foil.
2. Lay cauliflower, parsnips, shallots, and garlic out on foil, and drizzle with olive oil, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
3. Roast vegetables for about 35-40 min, or until soft.
4. Place veggies in a high speed blender and add broth and non-dairy milk. Blend until soup is smooth and creamy, adding more liquid if necessary.
5. Transfer soup to a pot and season to taste with salt, pepper and a dash of paprika.