Apple picking season has arrived! While delicious alone (or with with Peanut Butter & Co’s Mighty Maple PB), apples are also great to cook with. This recipe pairs the sweetness of this favorite fall fruit perfectly with the nuttiness of hearty browned Brussels sprouts. Leave your applesauce recipe in the drawer, and let’s get cooking. Don’t forget to save some apples for dessert though – a good apple pie never goes out of style.
Sautéed Kale and Brussels Sprouts
Makes 4 servings
2 T olive oil
3 C brussels sprouts
Pinch of salt
1 Honey Crisp apple (or other type)
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 C baby kale
1. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat
2. Slice Brussels sprouts in half and add them to pan
3. Add salt and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, thinly slice the apple.
5. When the brussels sprouts have browned, add the apple, apple cider vinegar, and baby kale.
6. Sauté until tender, then serve immediately.