How To Use Leftovers: Sweet Potatoes
There are so many delicious ways to eat sweet potatoes, it's understandable if you've had trouble committing to just one recipe. If your sweet potato from last week's share is still sitting on the kitchen counter, try out one of these creative recipes!
1) Getting ready for Thanksgiving? : Sweet Potato Casserole
2) Craving comfort food? : Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas
3) Snack time? : Sweet Potato Chips
4) Or try one of our own! : Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
1 sweet potato*
1 T olive oil
1 T salt
2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup shredded Narraganset Creamery Atwells Gold*
1 tomato, diced*
1 clove garlic, minced*
1) Preheat oven 400°F
2) Poke sweet potato with fork all over
3) Bake for 1 hour
4) Remove from oven and let cool. Cut top of sweet potato off, about 1/4 or potato. Hollow out the middle.
5) Sprinkle in half the cheese, tomatoes, and garlic
6) Crack in egg (don't break the yolk!)
7) Top with remaining cheese, tomato, and garlic
8) Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
*Try adding your remaining sweet potato to a salad or rice bowl!