How to Use Leftovers: Carrots
Did you know that carrots grow in five colors? Purple, white, yellow, red, and (of course) orange! They are easy to snack on with your favorite dip, but carrots as beautiful as the ones in last week's share deserve to be featured! These simple, delicious, and colorful recipes will keep you satisfied and use up any leftover carrots you have around the kitchen.
1) Rosemary Roasted Carrots: a delicious fall side dish
2) Carrot Almond Salad: sweet and salty with hints of coconut
3) Rainbow Carrot Pecan Salad: this slaw is the perfect crunchy addition to any meal
4) Rainbow Carrots Spaghetti with Garlic Olive Oil Sauce: you've heard of Spaghetti Squash, but have you ever heard of Rainbow Carrot Spaghetti?
4 rainbow carrots, cut into thin strips*
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 red potato
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 cup Naragansett Creamery Atwells Gold cheese, shredded*
*From this week's share
1. In a deep sautee pan, bring water to a boil
2. Add sliced carrots. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots tender
3. Drain carrots and set aside
4. In same sautee pan, heat 2T olive oil over medium heat
5. Add garlic, onion, tomato, and potato. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occassionally
6. Add carrots back to dish with 2 T more olive oil. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder. Return lid and cook for 5 minutes
7. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese, and serve!