Not sure what to do with you cabbage from this week's share? Try this easy cabbage slaw! You can substitute different herbs, oils, and vinegars to make it your own. This recipe relies on the flavors of fresh apples and apple cider vinegar to make a slightly sweet yet tangy slaw. Give it a try!
Makes 4 servings
1 small cabbage, shredded*
1/2 C cilantro, chopped
2 T mint, chopped
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
1/2 C olive oil
1 t Kosher salt
1 T sugar
*From this week's share
1. Wash cabbage and remove core. Shred cabbage and add to a bowl.
2. Wash apple and remove core, then thinly slice lengthwise. Cut each slice into thirds and add to bowl with cabbage.
3. Wash and chop cilantro and mint, then add to bowl.
4. Toss mixture in apple cider vinegar and olive oil, then add salt and sugar and toss again.
5. Let sit for at least 30 minutes prior to serving to allow slaw to marinate. Add salt to taste.